BOOK NOW: Autumn COVID Boosters
If you are eligible for an Autumn COVID booster, you can now book an appointment.
The risk of serious illness from COVID-19 is strongly linked to age or existing health conditions. People who got the Autumn booster last year were 53% less likely to need hospital treatment for COVID-19 than those who didn’t get the jab.
You can book through the NHS website, or by calling 119 (calls are free).
Please note that COVID jabs are not being given in our GP practices. Use the booking system on the NHS website to find a convenient time and location.
Here is who is included in the Autumn 2023 booster campaign:
- Residents in care homes for older adults.
- All adults aged 65 years and over.
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group.
- frontline health and social care workers.
- People aged 12 to 64 years who live with people with immunosuppression.
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, and staff working in care homes for older adults.
As we discussed in our recent vaccine series, fast-replicating viruses like COVID and flu need regular top-ups to protect us against new strains of illnesses.
Viruses spread more quickly in colder weather, and with Autumn now here and the temperatures starting to drop, it’s vital we protect the most vulnerable people.